Podcast Production Assistant Opportunity
This position is now closed, no new applications are being accepted
About The Remote Works Podcast
The Remote Works Podcast discusses the opportunity, culture, experience and community surrounding remote work. It features topics and interviews related to remote work, digital nomads, and location independent work. The podcast is hosted by Jonathan Sharp along with co-host Ari Winokur. Episodes are published every other week with a season consisting of 26 episodes. Cultivate Now produces and sponsors the podcast. You can visit https://remote.works
Podcast Production Assistant
The Remote Works Production Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that the podcast hits our production goals of 26 episodes per-season (bi-weekly schedule) by managing the logistics of production, content, checklist and details for each episode.
This position requires a person with an attention to detail and a desire to manage and coordinate a production schedule among many individuals. Strong written communication skills are required. Aptitude for computers and the internet is also a requirement. Training will be provided on specific software.
This position offer a flexible schedule and is a remote work opportunity (location independent, high speed internet dependent). You must be authorized to work in the United States. An IRS 1099 form will be provided at the end of the year. This position will average 1-2 hours per week potentially divided across a number of days.
- Initial guest invitation email will come from Jonathan
- Follow up to manage guest survey submission (Private Gmail)
- Connect with guests to schedule recording in one of the predefined slots
- Send out calendar invite for recording session (Google Calendar)
- Collect guest Bios & Photos
- Reading interview survey responses and identify interesting responses to call out in the episode (Google Sheets)
- Drafting show outline from survey responses (Google Docs)
- Show post production
- Submit audio for show to episode post production (Dropbox)
- Submit audio content for show transcription
- Construct episode show notes (Google Docs)
- Writing and scheduling episode social media posts for announcement and releases (Google Sheets & Buffer)
- Scheduling of sponsors (Google Sheets)
- Collection of sponsorship assets (copy, logo, etc)
- Assist in pursuing sponsors for episodes
- Trello (task management)
- Dropbox (file transfer)
- Slack (chat application)
- Cultivate Now Gmail account
- Google Docs, Sheets
- Buffer (social media)
Paid bi-weekly $15USD/hour 1099 – averages 1-2 hours per week
If interested in applying, fill out the contact form at http://cultivatenow.com/contact-us/ with your name, contact information, and explain your interest in the Podcast Production Assistant position. Please include any relevant experience in your message.
Applications will be collected until Friday, March 24th at 5PM CST (GMT-5). All applicants will be contacted and informed regardless of selection outcome.